Friday, June 1, 2012

Quick post from Indiana

Hey everyone......we're down in Needmore Indiana for the Ukulele World Congress where my husband, Jim, can play his uke to his hearts content. 

We usually camp on site but this year we found we had major problems with our truck so we had to leave the camper at home and motel it.  I'm not to sorry about this since last year it was about 90 degrees with 75% humidity.  So far this year it's cold and rainy. 

Last night we ventured out to the field where everything happens.  Jim was able to reconnet with his friend from around the world.....Australia, Alaska, Thiwan, Canada, Bermuda, England, Nova Scotia....what a crazy bunch of uke players.   This is what the sky looked like when we decided to head back to the motel.

Those clouds opened up and the rain came pouring down.....felt so bad for the people in that field who were in tents.  You have to be a hardy soul for this uke weekend.  No electricity, no running water and only porta johns.

Here's my handsome man playing in the lobby of our motel.  He's so happy to be here again despite the weather.
 
Of course I did bring my knitting.   I'm working on finishing up my Color Affection Shawl.  Just completed section 3 so only have 2 inches to knit in the brighter blue color to finish it up.
....hubby chomping at the bit to get out to the field so that's it for me this week.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Jim looks very happy and your knitting is looking pretty, love the color combo! Have a fun weekend! (P.S. sorry about the truck, but so glad you are in a hotel!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son played ukulele when he was a little guy, I hope he picks it back up again (now he plays euphonium), it's such a neat instrument.

    Your shawl looks great! I have it my mental queue to do "later".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm glad that Big Daddy is having fun. Your color affection is looking great. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for the motel! I'm not much of a camper, so I can relate to your happy turn of lodging events (although sorry about the truck woes).

    Have fun (and how can a uke not be fun?), and we'll look forward to seeing the Color Affection all done and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love camping (in a caravan) but am not brave enough for a tent in the pouring rain. Sounds like a fun event, even if Mother Nature conspired against you. I love your shawl, it is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shawl. Nice soft colors. The Ukelele event sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete