Friday, August 2, 2013

Busy, Busy...Busy!!

Oh my goodness, I've had a great week full of crafting fun....painting,  making blue berry jam for hubby, trying to dehydrate blueberries for me (this is taking forever), album creating, knitting and spinning! 

We spent quite a few days in July camping and visiting with family.  Although we had an awesome time, it meant far less crafting time than I'm used to getting.  So I decided this week was going to be all about playing and crafting as much as possible.

Knitting fun....I decided to put my Wisdom Wrap on hold after completing the first section.  Love the pattern but really wanted to get started on my Star Lily.

I fell in love with this pattern after trying a finished one on at Clever Ewe during our annual Yarn Quest.  It's a good thing they had a trunk show cause the picture does not do it justice. Loved the way it fit plus the yarn is so yummy soft.  It's  Mountain Top Canyon by Classic Elite Yarns,  85% cotton and 15% alpaca.  Yup...cotton and alpaca...who would have thought.  It is a dream to knit with.

My only snag....I realized I was going to be one skein short.  I guess I was so excited about the project I miss read how much yarn I was going to need.   Problem....nope.  My parents live on the way to Ada so Tuesday I stopped and picked up my dad (he loves to ride) and off we headed to Clever Ewe.  They moved into a big old Victorian house right next door to where they were.....cute house with all kinds of little rooms filled with yarn.  I didn't get to look around much, dad loves to ride but doesn't walk so well now, so I'm thinking maybe another rode trip.....hint, hint, wink, wink,  Ms. Wonder Why and Terri.

Spinning fun....after all the spinning during the Tour de Fleece, I found myself missing my wheel.  This was certainly easy to fix.  Pulled another batt from my stash and decided to spin another lace weight yarn.  It's 100% merino dyed by Winding Wool Creek Fiber in color way Lone Wolf.  It's the last of what I bought at last years Michigan Fiber Festival.  Hmmmm....how lucky...just 12 more days and it's festival time again!

Painted furniture...the weather here in Michigan turned wonderfully cool this week so I headed out to the garage to complete some pieces.



Studio fun.....birthday gift complete except for the binding.  Just a little sneak peak of the front cover.....I'll share the inside after it's gifted.  I decided I'd try my hand at creating a photo album totally from scratch.  Cut my own cardboard, covered each page with different fabrics, papers and embellishments, oh yeah, and family photos. Kind of like making a crazy quilt.....I had an awesome time creating it.  Now I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the giftee likes it as much as I liked creating it.
Woke up this morning to a rainy day, not the best for painting but great for writing up a post.  I'm planning on getting my album bound today and probably should spend time cleaning up the awful mess I now have in my garage and studio.....down side to a week spent in crafting bliss.
 
Hoping everyone has a great week, time to get some breakfast and check out what everyone has been creating this week over on Wisdom Begins in Wonder........Happy Fiber Arts Friday!! 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am such in awe of your talent at painting furniture! Wish I had half that talent. I love the vest, can't wait to see yours done. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful week.

    I have only been given one photo album that someone selected and placed the photos.... really a special gift. I'm sure your giftee will agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retirement is doing you good. I love everything you are making -knit, spin and artwork. Looking forward to Stitches and our class at MFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I should be looking at the knitting, but I just love the picture frames. They will both look stunning when up.

    ReplyDelete