Friday, February 3, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday ~ Road Trip

I found out the Spinning Loft was having a special event last weekend and would be open on Sunday.    Yarn Hollow and Bricolage both were there selling fiber goodies and a portion of all sales would be donated to Forgotten Harvest to fight hunger in Michigan.  What a win, win situation!  I called a friend and off we went.

I find myself drawn to a limited palette of colors and basically spin Suri alpaca or Suri/Merino/Silk blends.  So my goal was to either find different fibers and/or colors outside my comfort zone. 

I started off with Yarn Hollow and found these.....

Coffee/Polypay and Tangerine/Border Leicester
Superwash Merino/Bamboo/Nylon














I spotted this beautiful yellow by Spunky Eclectic called Gold Digger.  Not only did I fall in love with the color but it's Polwarth.   Falls right into my plan of different colors, different fiber.  Actually I really like yellow but they seem hard to find.

Anyone who knows me, knows green is my favorite color.  Nothing new with this choice but at least one is new fiber for me......

Autumn/BFL & Silk, Chartreuse/Merino & Silk



 these are from Abstract Fiber








I got back on track when I found this Spinning Loft Colors dyed by Chelsea.  Fiber is Finn and the color name is You Love Me.  This fiber is super soft and with that name how could I resist? 

I think this is the most fiber I've ever bought at one time so I had to have a group pic.


I didn't take individual pics of the two balls of roving.  The one on the left is BFL and the right one is BFL/Silk.  Now.......what to spin first? 

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, some amazing colours there! I'm immediately drawn to the orange, but it is my favourite ;)

    Can't wait to see how they spin up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fiber finds, you will have a blast spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for the tangerine first! What a great score. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, it looks like quite a haul.

    I like that chartreuse. I bought a few skeins of a similar color in sock weight last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pretty pretty. A feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice collection of colors! Sounds like a great stash enhancing experience :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Close your eyes and spin in a circle and point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, what a fun day! I can't wait to see what you create with all of these beautiful goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Melissa---I'm salivating over here! All of it is luscious and thrilling. I can't wait to see how it spins! (Of course, you know that I love the orange...but I am surprisingly drawn to the aqua/peach combo, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much beautiful fibre! Such a good find. Have fun spinning it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, that coffee that Rita did is very interesting. I'll have to go take a look at that in person. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful fiber. Gets me excited about spinning group tomorrow. I heard it was a great show.

    ReplyDelete